Know Your Rights
WHAT TO DO: BAD WSIB DECISIONS
If you do not agree with a WSIB case manager decision letter:
STEP 1 – Immediately fill out an “Intent to Object” form
- The form can be found on the WSIB website www.wsib.on.ca or at the IAVGO office, or call the WSIB at 416-344-1000 and ask for a form
- Form MUST be sent within 6 months after the date on most WSIB decision letters
- Return to Work or Work Transition Issue: Form must be sent within 30 days of date on decision letter
- If form is late it is very difficult to appeal the decision
***Don’t wait to send the form in. You don’t need to be ready to argue the case. You don’t need to have a representative.***
STEP 2 – When Appeal is Fully Prepared, Fill out an “Appeal Readiness Form”
- No time limit to submit this form
- Submit ONLY when you are ready to argue the appeal and you have given the WSIB all the documents you want to use
Questions? Call IAVGO Community Legal Clinic at 416-924-6477.
Please note this information is only for appealing case manager/ claims level decisions. For information about appealing decisions of an Appeals Resolution Officer, see the websites of the Office of the Worker Adviser and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.
Get this information in your language